Holy Family Church
Family Catechism Schedule
17th NOVEMBER 2019 Seventh Meeting (St. Rita´s Centre) 4pm – 7pm
- YouCat: I. Creed: (nn. 23-31): 2. Jesus Christ, only Son of God (Trinity) (nn. 23-27); 3. Incarnation and Birth (nn. 28-31)
- Let the children share what they have learned at home with their parents about God and Jesus.
- Try to make them understand the kerygma: God is love, God is a Trinity, a family: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. God created us to share with us his own life, adopting us by grace as children of God in his Son. When Adam and Eve sinned and lost this grace for them and for us (original sin, lost of Eden), God promised a Saviour, a mediator between the Father and humankind. He fulfilled this by sending his Son among us, who was incarnate from the Virgin Mary by the action of the Holy Spirit. So, Jesus is really true God and true man, the mediator between God the Father and humankind, our Saviour.
- I belong 4: God helps me get it right. (Reconciliation)
- Everyday life pp. 35-36 (telling about experiences of being helped to get it right)
- Bible: pp. 37-38 Read and comment the story of Zacchaeus.
- Reconciliation… p. 40-42
- The importance of true CONTRITION, which implies to want to CONFESS our sins to JESUS in the person of the priest; the true desire of TRY NOT TO SIN AGAIN and the true desire of REPAIR with good deeds the bad we have done.
- They can write their own prayer (page 41).
- First explanation of the Rite of the Sacrament of Reconciliation (p. 42) (We will insist in this during the retreat before the celebration on 1st December).
- Parents group:
- Last month report: experiences of meetings at home.
- YouCat: I. Creed: (pp. 52-57)
- 3. Birth and pubic life (pp. 52-57)
- Lectio Divina: Zacchaeus
- SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
Salvation comes to the house of Zacchaeus
Jesus entered Jericho and was going through the town when a man whose name was Zacchaeus made his appearance: he was one of the senior tax collectors and a wealthy man. He was anxious to see what kind of man Jesus was, but he was too short and could not see him for the crowd. So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore tree to catch a glimpse of Jesus who was to pass that way. When Jesus reached the spot he looked up and spoke to him: ‘Zacchaeus, come down. Hurry, because I must stay at your house today.’ And he hurried down and welcomed him joyfully. They all complained when they saw what was happening. ‘He has gone to stay at a sinner’s house’ they said. But Zacchaeus stood his ground and said to the Lord, ‘Look, sir, I am going to give half my property to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody I will pay him back four times the amount.’ And Jesus said to him, ‘Today salvation has come to this house, because this man too is a son of Abraham; for the Son of Man has come to seek out and save what was lost.’
FOR FAMILY MEETINGS AT HOME
I belong 3: Celebrating our rescue. (Reconciliation)
- Talk with them about what they have done in Catechism meeting.
- The story of Zacchaeus (Draw the picture of page 39)
- Talk about the Sacrament of reconciliation (pp. 40-42) (Draw the picture of page 41)
- You can watch with them the videos: Kids Explain First Reconciliation; How do I go to Confession?; Practice First Confession.
YouCat: I. Creed: (pp. 52-57)
- 3. Birth (pp. 52-54)
- Look at the drawing of the pages 52-53 and comment it. Then read together the Christmas story page 54.
- Watch the video Incarnation and Birth of Christ with them.
- 3. Public life (pp. 55-57)
- Take a look at the drawing and texts of the different stories of the public life of Christ and talk about them.
- Watch the video Jesus Public Life with them.